Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dale Steyn

First time I drew blood by hitting a batsman

I hit Craig Cumming, the New Zealand opening batsman, in the face (in Centurion in the 2007-08 series) and he's never played Test cricket again.

First time I didn't sleep because I was excited about performing the next day

My debut Test. I can't remember having closed my eyes even for a moment.

First batsman who made me feel helpless

Actually two: Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara, when they built the world-record partnership against us on my first trip to Sri Lanka in the very first Test. I can't remember the exact number of runs [624, for the third wicket] but it was a ridiculous amount. Mahela was on his way to breaking the record for the highest Test score, and we felt really helpless for two-and-a-half days.

First bowler about whom I thought, "I want to bowl like him"

Allan Donald. Before I even knew how Donald bowled, my friends in primary school had already named me "White Lightning" [Donald's nickname]. When I got to know who "White Lightning" was, I wanted to be like him.

First time I bowled in someone else's shoes

Polly [Shaun Pollock] used to be my shoe sponsor in my early years in Test cricket. I played my debut in my spikes but once he realised how bad they were, he started to give me his used boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

All the links on cricwork.blogspot.com are from other third party sites and public servers that are on the Internet. We do not host any files, cricwork.blogspot.com is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites. If you have any legal issues please contact appropriate file host's. We don't want to hurt anybody's feeling with our posts in the blog. Incase, if any body has any kind of objection on the posts on this blog, then please contact us with valid identity and such posts will be removed immediately.