Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gautam Gambir

First time I broke a bat

The first time I broke a bat was in neighbourhood galli [street] cricket. It was a brand new bat. I hit the first ball and immediately the handle just came off.

First time I was worked over by a fast bowler

It's happened only once so far. It was by Andrew Flintoff in Mohali last year, on the second day of the Test. It was the quickest and nastiest spell of short-ball bowling I ever faced.
First time I played the bowler, not the ballAgainst Glenn McGrath in my debut Test. Perhaps I was in awe of him. I was picked up easily in the slips. It occurred once again, against Shaun Pollock a couple of years later during an ODI, but now I focus on the ball.

First left-hand batsman I was impressed with

Sourav Ganguly. I just liked everything about him, especially his off-side play. I wanted to be just like him.

First autographed bat

My first and only autographed bat was of Sachin Tendulkar. I took one of his MRF bats in Chennai in 2005, before the Test against Sri Lanka. I wanted it as a souvenir. He was generous enough to give me a note as well: "Score lots of runs".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

All the links on cricwork.blogspot.com are from other third party sites and public servers that are on the Internet. We do not host any files, cricwork.blogspot.com is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites. If you have any legal issues please contact appropriate file host's. We don't want to hurt anybody's feeling with our posts in the blog. Incase, if any body has any kind of objection on the posts on this blog, then please contact us with valid identity and such posts will be removed immediately.